Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
Are you interested in making popular Indian recipes at home? Then one of those dishes you have to try making is an authentic Indian chicken curry recipe. One thing you have to remember, though, is that it sometimes takes skill to make the perfect chicken curry. It is because you need to cook the meat delicately.
You also have the option to bathe, stew, steep, or simmer it in the gravy. If you are planning to prepare an Indian chicken curry, then take note that it usually has a creamy, savory, and a bit spicy nature. In most cases, you can see this famous Indian dish composed of lean chicken breast, seasoning, diced tomatoes, and fat-free yogurt.
To give you an idea, here is one version of an authentic Indian chicken curry recipe:
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts – Cut them into one-inch chunks.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsps. minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 15 oz. tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 tsp. each of ground turmeric, coriander, and cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
- Prepare a large-sized skillet then coat it with a bit of vegetable oil spray. Set the heat to medium then put the skillet. Cook chicken breasts there for around five to seven minutes. Once done, take the cooked chicken out of the skillet.
- Put the skillet back on top of the heat then pour the vegetable oil over it. Add the onions, too. Cook them for around five to six minutes. Do not forget to stir the onions occasionally until they soften. Once that happens, you should mix in the ginger and garlic. Cook for a minute or two more.
- Mix in the cumin, curry powder, cayenne, coriander, and turmeric. Stir all the added ingredients for half a minute. You should then mix in the yogurt and tomatoes. Stir well then change the heat settings to low. Cook in that setting for ten more minutes.
- After that, you should put the cooked chicken back into the skillet. Stir the mixture well. Make sure that all ingredients are combined. Once done, you can garnish the dish with cilantro and serve.
Additional Tips in Making an Indian Chicken Curry
You just have learned how to make one great version of an authentic Indian chicken recipe. If you want your version to be really perfect, then you may also want to use the following simple tips:
- Sauté your added spices with onion to bring out their aromatic properties. You may also want to put in about one teaspoon of garam masala. This ingredient can help further enhance the flavor of your Indian curry dish.
- Balance the flavor by adding a bit of sugar. This tip is applicable if the result of the chicken curry you have made tastes quite bitter.
- Substitute yogurt with one can of coconut milk (full-fat). It is a great replacement to yogurt if you are not fond of adding this ingredient to your dish. Another great substitute is light sour cream.
- For added spice, make adjustments on the amount of cayenne pepper mixed inf. It would be best to use less of this ingredient because there are also other seasonings you will have to use in this dish.
Enjoy Your Dish !
Making an authentic Indian chicken curry does not have to be extremely difficult. While it requires skill to prepare it, you can master it with proper guidance. One great thing about this dish is that you can also store it in your fridge for three to four days. Just make sure that you seal it in an airtight container. With that, you have an assurance that you can enjoy this amazing Indian dish for a few days. If you enjoyed this article and want to learn more about cooking, then try one of our recommended cooking Master Classes just click here !
See Related Article: Spicy Chicken Pho Bowl