Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard
Are you fond of preparing dishes using chicken thighs? Then you are not alone. Many love to use chicken thighs whenever they prepare meals because these are versatile options, especially when it comes to making quick dishes. Aside from being easy to prepare, chicken thighs can also retain their moisture and tenderness even if they are reheated.
Chicken thighs are also versatile in the sense that you can prepare them in various ways – among which are grilling, pan-searing, baking, and cooking them in your slow cooker. You can also expect any chicken thigh recipe to be delicious even when prepared simply or when served together with cooked veggies and whole grains. With this ingredient’s versatility, you can definitely find several ways to prepare quick meals out of it.
One such recipe is the chicken thighs with honey mustard. Here’s how you can prepare this flavorful dish:
For more of Chef Ramsy cooking tips click here
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken ties
- 2 tbsps. each of olive oil, Dijon mustard, and honey
- 3 tbsps. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. each of onion powder and garlic powder
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken thighs and inspect them closely for fats. Use scissors to trim excess fats when necessary. After that, put the thighs inside a resealable bag.
- Make the honey mustard sauce. Just put all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the slices of bacon, and mix well.
- Pour the prepared mustard sauce in the resealable bag containing the chicken. Make sure that this mustard sauce coats all the chicken thighs by mashing it around. Marinate in your fridge for a minimum of one hour. You may also do it overnight.
- Take out the marinated chicken from your refrigerator. Let it rest on your counter for a while as you preheat your oven for a few minutes.
- Once you have preheated your oven, roll the chicken thigh and shape it into a log using one of your hands. The other hand should be used to take one slice of bacon then wrap it into the chicken thigh.
- Put it in your baking dish. Do the same for the remaining chicken thighs and bacon slices.
- Put the chicken thighs wrapped in bacon in your oven. Bake for around 25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer when checking whether it is cooked. The thermometer should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit when used to measure the temperature of the chicken’s thickest part. It indicates that the chicken thighs are cooked. Serve.
It is also easy to reheat this chicken thigh with honey mustard recipe. You just have to let the frozen chicken thighs thaw in your refrigerator overnight then allow it to sit on your counter for a few minutes to reach room temperature. After that, put the thighs in your baking sheet then heat them up in your oven.
You may also want to use a broiler to make the skin crisp again, though, it will not be as crispy the first time you prepare and serve it. Another option for reheating is an air fryer. Just reheat it for ten minutes using medium heat. Do so until the chicken becomes warm and crispy enough.
See Related Article: Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken