Grilled Chili Lime Flank Steak
Are you ready for a super tasty Grilled Chili Lime Flank Steak Recipe ? Many are in love with flank steak considering how great it is as a cut of meat. One thing I find so great about flank steak is that it is easy and quick to cook. It also seems to complement marinades nicely. Furthermore, it is perfect to use when planning to serve a delicious and satisfying dish to a crowd.
One great dish that uses flank steak is the grilled chili lime flank steak mentioned in this article. It is so good that you will surely have a difficult time resisting it. If ever you serve it to a crowd, then be prepared to hear praises because of its pleasant taste.
- 1 lime – Include some wedges to use when serving the steak.
- 1 tbsp. each of chili powder and packed light brown sugar
- Use 1 tsp. each of chipotle chili powder and ground cumin
- 2 tsps. fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2-lb. flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Some vegetable oil – You will be using this for the grill.
- Prepare the zest of one lime then have it grated. After that, slice the lime in half.
- Mix the lime zest with brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, thyme, chipotle powder, as well as half a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Get the flank steak and squeeze the lime halves over it. Rub their juice into the steak, too. After that, get the spice mixture and rub it over the two sides of the steak. Set it aside for around thirty minutes at room temperature.
- While waiting for the steak to set, you should preheat your grill. Set the heat to medium-high then use the vegetable oil to brush its grates.
- Once the steak sets, put it in the grill. Grill it for around eight minutes or until it turns brown. Flip it then grill for five to seven more minutes if you want it to be medium-rare. Another sign that it is done is if the thermometer inserted at the center displays the temperature at 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the steak out of the grill then put it in a cutting board. Allow the grilled steak to rest for around ten minutes.
- Season it with salt. Slice it thinly against the grain, too.
- Serve together with some wedges of lime.
- Integrate acid in creating the marinade. This is where the lime comes into the picture. The acid aids in breaking down meat proteins, thereby ensuring that the result is tender.
- Cook the steak hot and fast. It is because it is lean meat, causing it to need quick and well-heated cooking.
- Slice it thinly across the meat’s grain. Doing this can keep the muscle fibers short. This results in the tenderness of the meat.
Grilled flank steak requires a bit of acidity to ensure that its fibrous muscles become tender while also enhancing its taste. Fortunately, the recipe here uses lime, which provides the acid that the steak needs. The use of both will make sure that your grilled flank steak will have the taste and texture that you are aiming for. Leave a comment and let us know how we are doing and visit our recipe page. If you enjoyed this article and would like to learn more about cooking, we suggest taking on of our affiliated Cooking Mexican Master Class