Want to know how to treat blisters from burns ? We have listed some quick remedies in this article. Burn blisters refer to fluid-filled blisters formed due to a burn. While these blisters are quite unsightly, they are useful in preventing infections as well as other possible complications that might be caused by burns. It is the reason why you should not pop nor damage it. The blister is actually a way for your body to protect the burned skin beneath during the healing process.
It serves as your body’s natural barrier against infection. With that, expect to see it forming even beneath your dressing. Even if you find it unsightly and uncomfortable, deal with it using the hands-off approach. In case it breaks, clean the specific spot where the burn is carefully using mild soap and warm water.
Your focus should be on treating the actual burn instead of the blisters. The blisters should be better off left as they are. Once the burned spot is healed, the blister will also go away subsequently.
Here are some of the quick remedies and treatments for burns that will let you heal fast and get rid of the blisters along the process.
- Cold compress – One way to treat burns is a cold compress. You can simply put a clean wet cloth over the burned spot to relieve the swelling and pain. Put on the compress with intervals of around five to ten minutes. Avoid overusing this solution, though, as doing so might only cause irritation in the affected area.
- Aloe Vera – You can also use Aloe Vera to treat burn and the blisters that come along with it. This solution works effectively in treating both first-degree and second-degree burns. It has anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful for burns.
Aside from that, it prevents bacteria from growing and promotes proper circulation. To take advantage of it, just apply one layer of its gel directly to the specific spot affected by the burn. You can take this gel from the plant’s leaf.
- Honey – Honey is also an effective remedy for minor burns. To take advantage of it, you should apply it topically. It is great for burns and blisters because aside from being naturally antifungal and anti-bacterial, it is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antibiotic Cream – This cream is extremely useful in case you have open blisters. By applying this cream, you can prevent your wound from getting infected. It also hastens the healing process of the burn. Once you have applied this cream, make sure to cover all exposed blisters to avoid infection.
- Sterile Gauze Bandage – It is also advisable to cover your burn using a bandage. Wrap the sterile gauze bandage loosely to prevent adding too much pressure on the burned area. By bandaging the area, you can prevent air from penetrating it, protect your blistered skin, and lessen pain.
Whenever you have burn blisters, make sure to focus on treating the actual burns, instead of popping your blistered skin. The blisters serve an important purpose – and that is protecting you from infection. Focus on treating the burns through natural remedies if those are minor.
In case of severe burns, make sure to have these treated by a medical professional right away. Moreover, your burns should not get directly exposed to the sun. Cover it to avoid overexposure to the sun.
See Related Article: Foods that are good for clear skin