Lamb Chops with Fire-roasted Corn Tomato Salad
A serving of lamb chops paired up with a fire-roasted corn tomato salad can make up one delicious and filling meal. You will love the fact that you can conveniently do it at home on your own or with the help of your loved ones.
If you are craving for lamb chops, then you can make a simple one by being guided with the recipe in this article. You will also learn how to make a fire-roasted corn tomato salad that perfectly goes well with the lamb chops.
Simple Lamb Chops Recipe
- 4-inch lamb chops – They should be around ¾ to 1 inch thick.
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp. each of rosemary leaves and sea salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps. garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp. thyme leaves
- Prepare a bowl where you can mix all the mentioned ingredients except for the lamb. Mix well.
- Put the lamb chops inside a zip-top bag. You should then pour the mixed ingredients over them. Squeeze the air out of the bag then seal it. Squish around to ensure that all sides of the lamb chops are properly and evenly covered.
- Marinate in your refrigerator overnight. After that, take the chops out and leave them for a while so they can reach room temperature before starting to cook. This should take around twenty minutes.
- While waiting for the lamb chops, you can put one oven rack on the topmost position beneath your broiler. Preheat oven by setting it on broil.
- Prepare an oven-proof skillet then arrange the lamb chops in one layer in there. Put the skillet in your oven. It should be positioned directly below the broiler.
- After that, you can start broiling. It should take around five to eight minutes per side. Use tongs to flip each chop. Continue broiling until you notice that the outer parts of the cops are seared. You may also want to use your meat thermometer. You will know that it’s done if it registers roughly 145 degrees.
- Drizzle the lamb chops with the juices from the pan prior to serving.
Fire-roasted Tomato Salad Recipe
Once you make the lamb chops, it’s time to prepare the fire-roasted tomato salad. Here’s how to do it:
- Juice extracted from 3 limes
- 1 tsp. chili powder (mild)
- 2 tsps. cumin (ground)
- 3 cups stemmed and halved cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup olive oil – Set aside more that you can use for brushing.
- 2 tsps. toasted then lightly crushed cumin seeds
- ¼ lb. diced feta cheese
- ½ cup each of fresh cilantro (chopped) and red onion (diced)
- 6 ears corn – Make sure to remove its silk and husk.
- Freshly ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- Mix cumin, chili powder, and lime juice in a bowl. Pour the olive oil steadily and slowly. Do it while you are also whisking, so you can make the vinaigrette. Use a bit of salt and pepper to season it. Once done, set the vinaigrette aside.
- Set the grill to medium-high heat. Get the ears of corn then brush a bit of olive oil over each one. After that, you can grill them. Do not forget to turn each ear frequently to guarantee even cooking. Continue grilling for around ten minutes or until the corn is a bit charred.
- Prepare a cutting board then put the ears of corn in there steadily. Remove the kernels by cutting along the cob with the aid of a sharp knife. You may also want to use a kernel cutter to get rid of them.
- Get a large-sized bowl then place the removed kernels in there. Add onion, feta cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, and the prepared vinaigrette. Toss everything for even coating.
- Once done, you can put it on a plate then sprinkle the cumin seeds on top. Serve together with the prepared lamb chops.
By combining these two delicious recipes in one meal, you will surely be able to enjoy it. You will feel full plus your mood will surely be improved because of how tasty the combination is. If you enjoyed this article and would like to step up your cooking skills. Try our recommended cooking Master Class. Just Click Here
See Related Article: Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken