Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce and Almond Toppings
If you are a chocolate lover, then you will surely find chocolate-flavored pancakes with chocolate sauce irresistible. It is a great recipe for breakfast or snacks. You can also prepare it anytime you crave for sweets or any chocolate-flavored food. The good thing about most pancakes is that they are not time-consuming to prepare.
Here is one pancake recipe with chocolate sauce that you can quickly whip at home. It also has almond toppings to let it have a bit of texture.
- 1 and 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps. vegetable or canola oil
- Oil or butter for cooking
- Some almonds for toppings
Chocolate Ganache Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 140 grams semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- Sift flour baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Mix well using a whisk. Set this mixture aside.
- Get another bowl, a medium-sized one, and whisk sugar and egg together. Continue whisking until both ingredients are properly combined. Pour the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter or oil into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture composed of the wet ingredients into the sifted dry mixture. Stir until properly combined. The resulting mixture should be moist. Avoid over-mixing, though. Add the chocolate chunks or chips then mix well. Set this created batter aside so you can start making the chocolate sauce.
- To make the chocolate sauce, use a medium-sized and heatproof bowl where you have to combine heavy cream and chocolate. Microwave this mixture a few times with each increment or interval around 20 to 30 minutes. Do not forget to mix in between each increment. Do this until the chocolate melts, resulting in a smooth mixture. Set it aside.
- Start cooking the pancakes. You can do so by setting a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat the skillet with oil or butter. Once the skillet is hot enough, cook each pancake for one to two minutes until its surface forms a few bubbles while its bottom looks done. To give you an idea, each pancake should be around one-fourth cup of the prepared batter, which you have to drop on the skillet for cooking.
- After the one to two minutes are up, carefully flip the pancake. Cook each one for one or two more minutes. Once done, put the pancake on a plate. Make sure to coat the skillet with some oil or butter before cooking each pancake or another batch of it. That way, you can ensure that the pancakes will not stick.
- Serve the pancakes with the chocolate sauce right away. If required, you can warm the chocolate sauce again in your microwave before using on your pancakes. Top it with some almonds.
- This pancake with chocolate sauce is surely one of those recipes you will not regret making. It is delicious and can give you instant energy considering how it can make you feel good with each bite. You can even keep it warm by using an aluminum foil to cover the plate where you put it loosely.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to see more recipes visit our cooking page. Want to take your cooking skills to the next level ? Check out our affiliate online cooking class with Master Class.