Summer Time Fruit Salad Recipe
One of the best recipes you can prepare every summer is a refreshing fruit salad. It is a refreshing and sweet recipe that is perfect for the warm, summer season. Fortunately, there are several delicious variations of this salad that are worth trying out. So here is our Summer Time fruit salad recipe
Here are just a couple of them:
Tropical Fruit Salad
This fruit salad recipe combines a few refreshing tropical fruits that are perfect for the summer.
- 2 sliced large bananas
- 2 cubed, medium-sized pears
- 1/3 cup each of pineapple juice (unsweetened) and fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (fresh)
- 3 cups fresh pineapple (cubed)
- 2 medium-sized peeled and cubed mangoes
- 4 medium-sized peeled and sliced kiwi
- 1 cup red grapes (seedless and halved)
- 2 sliced star fruit
- Mix bananas, juices, and pears in a large-sized bowl first.
- Stir in the strawberries, pineapple, mangoes, kiwi, and red grapes.
- Continue stirring gently until all ingredients are properly combined.
- After that, you should arrange the sliced star fruit on top.
Fresh Watermelon and Kiwi Salad
This refreshing, summer salad consists of delicious fresh fruits. It also uses a healthy dressing, making it better for the health-conscious who wants something refreshing to eat during the summer.
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 3 chopped kiwis
- 2 cups each of chopped strawberries and halved grapes
- 1 cup each of raspberries and blueberries
- 1 cup diced and pitted mango
- 2 sectioned oranges
For the dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Get a large bowl and put all the fruits (salad ingredients) in there. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the two ingredients together.
- Once you have prepared the dressing, pour it over the salad in the bowl.
- Toss gently to mix well.
Additional Tips in Creating Summer Time Fruit Salad Recipes
Also keep in mind the following tips if you want to make sure that you make the best fruit salad recipes that are perfect for the summer:
- Mix colors, textures, and flavors – Before making your fruit salad, think carefully about all the fruits you wish to include. Find out if the colors, textures, and flavors are too similar to each other. As much as possible, there should be variations in the ingredients you use. For instance, you can mix green, tart, and firm kiwis with the sweet and soft blackberry.
- Spend time in the preparation – Keep in mind that it is highly likely for your fruit salad to not bear the taste you want if you do not spend time for its preparation. Make it a point to spend time removing the skin, pits, and stems of the fruits when necessary. It might also be necessary to remove the seeds from fruits, such as grapes and cherries.
- Chop and slice consistently – It would also be great to chop and slice similar sizes of ingredients. By ensuring that each piece of fruit is sliced or chopped at a similar size, your salad will not only taste delicious but will also look pleasing. It will be easier to eat, too.
- Use even proportions or parts of the fruit – With that, you have a guarantee that each bowl of this salad will have a highly nutritious and well-balanced mixture.
- Add sugar to tough fruits – If you plan to include tough and tart strawberries and apples from your fridge, then consider adding a bit of granulated sugar. It can help soften up these ingredients. These sugar crystals will be dissolved into the flesh, thereby resulting in sweeter and softer fruit pieces.
As much as possible, squeeze a bit of citrus fruit into the mix. The fresh zest and taste of citrus fruits work in improving the salad’s flavors. Freshly squeezed lime and lemon juice are also great additions to the salad as they can prevent the added fruits from browning too fast. If you liked this recipe visit our salad page for more fun recipes.