Super Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe
Are you looking for a super easy steak fajitas recipe will keep your mouth watering ? Well look no further, we have you covered ! The classic steak fajitas often consist of grilled strips of steak a few bell peppers and onions. In most cases, this delicious and famous dish is served while it is still sizzling hot with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and fresh tortillas.
It is a great dish to enjoy with friends and family, especially during special occasions. The good thing about fajitas is that you can choose to make it with either steak or chicken. It is also possible for you to prepare a plain vegetarian version of this dish.
If you want to go for the classic version, then take note that the secret to making your steak fajitas as flavorful as possible is the meat. You need to choose the right type of steak.
Some highly recommend the use of flank steak, which we will be using in the recipe in this article. Another tip is to slice the meat correctly, more specifically slicing it against the grain. To give you an idea of how to make steak fajitas, here is a simple yet highly delicious version of this dish that uses flank steak.
Ingredients for the Steak Fajitas:
- 1 and ½ lbs. flank steak – Slice it thinly against the grain.
- 3 sliced large bell peppers – If possible, use multiple colors of the bell peppers
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced medium-sized red onion
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 10 small flour tortillas
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice – You can get the juice from around two limes.
Ingredients for the Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 tsps. each chili powder and ground cumin
- 1 tsp. each of salt and onion powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (crushed)
- Get a small bowl and use it in preparing the fajitas seasoning. This is where you should stir chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and onion powder together. Once properly mixed, set the seasoning in the bowl aside.
- Put a large-sized skillet over high heat. Pour around two tablespoons of olive oil in there. Allow the oil to warm up a bit – around one minute. After that, add the onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Sauté them for around seven to ten minutes or until the veggies become tender-crisp.
- When it is already the last two minutes of sautéing the veggies, pour half of the prepared seasoning mix. Add the garlic, too. Cook for one to two more minutes. Take the veggies out of the pan. Put them in a serving dish but ensure that the skillet remains hot.
- Put the skillet over high heat again. Cook the flank steak in there. Add it to the heated skillet then pour the remaining seasoning mixture. Add the Worcestershire sauce, too.
- Cook while tossing frequently for around two to three minutes to get a medium-rare result or until it turns brownish. Note that flank steak seems to be at its best if you cook and eat it medium-rare. If you want the steak to be well-done, then consider adding three to four minutes to the cooking time.
- After cooking the meat, add the cooked veggies into the skillet again. Drizzle the freshly squeezed lime juice on top then toss well.
- Serve this steak fajitas on warm flour tortillas.
The good thing about steak fajitas is that you can use any cut of steak to prepare it. The more traditional choices, though, are skirt or flank steak. You can also use sirloin steak, which is more suitable for marinating. It is also the ideal steak choice for those who are on a budget. Did you enjoy this article ? If so leave us a comment and remember to check out our recipe page. If you would like to learn more about cooking we have included a link to one our affiliated cooking Master Class. Enjoy !